What is Systemic Viral Illness?
Fever that is caused by a virus is commonly termed Systemic Viral Illness or Influenza or Flu. Most commonly these viruses are Influenza A or Influenza B. The infection spreads fast via airborne droplets by coughing or sneezing and by direct contact. This disease is usually not serious among young and healthy adults, who normally recover from it even without treatment, but it can be fatal among the elderly and those with heart or lung ailments.
- Body aches (joints and muscles)
- Red watery eyes
- Congested or runny nose
- sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Take a complete rest in a well-ventilated room until the disease clears up.
- Drink plenty of fluids but do not take alcohol
- Take antifever medicine but avoid aspirin
- Take a cough medicine if needed
- Take a cough suppressant for dry cough and an expectorant for productive cough
- Consult your doctor