Aghanim’s Labyrinth: The Continuum Conundrum is a gauntlet style event game mode available during the winter of 2021. It is the continuation to Aghanim’s Labyrinth, where teams of four must battle their way through a series of monster-filled rooms of the Continuum Vault to reach the boss, The Primal Beast, at the request of Aghanim himself to save an alternate version of himself.
- Teams of four enter a dungeon with several possible rooms. Finish the objectives of the room to move onto the next. Complete 17 rooms to beat the level.
- Each player has a set number of lives. Upon dying, players automatically resurrect after 10 seconds. Dead teammates cannot be revived.
- All dead players are automatically resurrected when a room is cleared.
- The game ends when all players are out of lives and dead.
- 14 heroes with modified abilities are available for this game mode.
- Additional 15 heroes from last year’s Aghanim’s Labyrinth are unlockable through Blessings and can be randomly unlocked on certain level rewards in the Battle Pass.
- Scepter Shards are obtained by clearing rooms. They allows heroes to pick one of three random upgrades for their abilities.
- At the start of the exploration of the Continuum Vault, you are given option between three Legendary Shards, which give unique traits to an ability, or in certain heroes, may give an entirely new ability.
- Normal Rooms drop Common Shards, which give minor buffs to the hero or an ability’s existing stats.
- Elite Rooms and Trap Rooms drop Elite Shards, which give buffs that are twice as potent as Common Shards.
- Boss Rooms drop another Legendary Shards.
- This table shows all Legendary upgrades. Common upgrades are not shown. Crossed out upgrades were removed.
- Aghanim‘s (the announcer) voice actor is Rich Sommer.
- This event uses many assets from the Siltbreaker event as well as the previous Aghanim’s Labyrinth event.
Main Article: Aghanim’s Labyrinth/Announcer
“The Continuum Device, here all along. I knew Valora was lying when she said Mars destroyed you. Well, where and when should we go first?”